Like to cook? Like to eat things that other people cook? You’ve come to the right place. Here you’ll find some of Jer’s favorite recipes. Be sure to get an adult to help you so that you can have a safe and fun cooking experience. There’s sure to be some steps that you’ll just want to watch rather than do. Safety FIRST…then have fun tasting your creation!
Main Dish/Snack | Serves 1
- 1 or 2 eggs
- shredded cheese (optional)
- bacon bits (optional)
- green onion chopped or parsley (optional)
- season salt (optional)
1. Spray a small glass or ceramic bowl with cooking spray
2. Crack raw egg(s) into bowl
3. Sprinkle with cheese, bacon bits and season salt (or whatever you want)
4. Microwave on high for 45 seconds to 1 minute
5. Enjoy! (Careful – bowl might be hot)
Ants on a Log
Snack | Serves 1
- 1 celery stick (rinsed and cut in half)
- peanut butter
1. Spread peanut butter on the celery stick (the log).
2. Place raisins across peanut butter (ants).
Main Dish | Serves 8
Note: Substitute or add any of your favorite vegetables, experiment with the type of noodles you use, add sausage to it…have fun and try different things! What’s listed here are simply suggestions or a guideline. Jerry likes to just throw whatever is in the fridge into the pot for a new taste sensation every time.
- 1 lb. macaroni or rotini noodles
- 1.5 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 c. sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (8.75 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) stewed tomatoes, cut in half and drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 4 cans (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 24 oz. water
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2. In a large saucepan, brown the ground beef with the onion, green pepper, and mushrooms; drain. Add corn, stewed tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Stir and bring to boil over medium heat. Mix in garlic, parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Mix together cooked macaroni and meat sauce. Serve hot or refrigerate for later.